Monday, December 14, 2009

Thoughts For The Day

I may not know what tomorrow holds, or IF there will even be a tomorrow..all I know is now. Have you ever given much thought on what we could be doing when we spend our time getting upset? When we take the minutes, hours, days, years, ect. on holding grudges? It's something ponder, definatlely.

One of my friend's mom's, whom was also one of church's sweetest ladies, passed away Tuesday. She was a very dear friend of mine, even if she was older. She was a inspiration not only to me, but to almost anyone she ever came into contact with. She was human, she had "down moments"...but you would never see it. She always sought the best in everyone, even if you hurt her..she forgave you in the same breath. I never met any quiet like her, she was "one of a kind". Miss Rita will truly be missed, but I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

With this happening, it kind of made me think about life. Why not live your life like that? No regrets, because you won't give the time to let it bother you? Let it roll off your back, shake it off, and be done with it. What could you possibly be upset about, if you don't give it the effort? Too long I've been a downer, a complainer, a ranter...if you will. Why? It does not define who I am, but it does say a lot about my character. It has been said: "It's what you leave behind when you go". What kind of impression, legacy, memories will others have for me when my time is done? I truly stand behind the whole "don't impress anybody" belief, but how different would it be if you left a good life?

I mean, it's the same song and dance when there's no "try" in it. I say I'm going to stop complaining, and start being a more cheerful person...but if I don't put forth the effort...then that makes me a hypocrite. I am NOT perfect, NO ONE is. However, I can strive to reach my goals..that I can do. One of my many goals is too be more calm spirited...and it's achievable. So don't waste your time on "ninny" little things, or petty problems. Focus on what's in store, and aim to reach that. So something bugged you, life got you down, you're one big emo mess...it's a choice to remain in that state. Let it go, I mean...really put the strength and effort to "forget about it". Nothing is impossible, it's just going to take some work.
I saw a case of this with this dear lady's life, and what an impression she has left with those who knew her. She was a pioneer, and a hero to some. No she was no saint, and I'm not saying she's the next "leader" but what I am saying is that anything you strive for can be reached. Everyone has been saying Miss Rita was "love" in one word, I have heard that one the most it seems. What a life! I'm definitely going to put forth a better, more enthusiastic effort into molding into the person I could be. I cannot do this alone, I'm going to have to work real hard at it. I just ask everyone to help me, by supporting my efforts...and if you feel inspired...then kudos to you! I will also stand behind you. This woman has inspired me, and I just want to share her wisdom with anyone who cares.

Calling this one a close because it's almost noon and I am tired, also have to work tonight. I hope I didn't bore anyone, and I hope all has a good day.
-AmBeR

1 comment: