Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Caution: Personal Hygiene.

Okay. Do you remember when you were a kid, your mom and dad always told you to wash your hands? It would seem that something so simple and easy to remember has seemed to escape our daily routine.

As of sometime this year, The Swine Flu has reached the level of a pandemic. Once one gets this horrible, skanky sickness...you're pretty much stuck with it. Sure they have vaccinations, but how many are available? Josh and I had our Dr.'s visit today, and he asked if I would like to receive the shot for H1N1. He said that it can effect 1 out of every 5 pregnant women, and once they get it...there dead. It is that serious and that fatal. I'm just putting out the thought that maybe we should REALLY wash our hands, cover our mouths, sanitize any personal hygiene aids, and if you even feel a little bad...STAY HOME!!!!

I am cursed...excuse me..I have the "honor" of working with some people who have poor hygiene habits. I have seen them sneeze fluids into their hands, and IF they wipe...it's usually on their clothes. Most of the time it goes in the air and waits to catch an unsuspecting victim such as myself. It would be funnier if this were not true. I am just saying to please be on your best guard for those very infectious bacteria germs that linger in our world. If you have never used Germ-X or Purell,..I highly recommend it. ANY hand sanitizer for that matter.

Remember if you are sick, your ARE contagious. There is no if, ands, or mights...you just are. Do not, unless it is absolutely necessary, leave your house until you are medically cleared. You could, and probably will, spread it to someone else. If you should see me anywhere while you are sick, please...STAY CLEAR OF ME!!! I don't want what you have, and I don't need it. I'll pray you get better, just help yourself by working on a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

  1. The proper thing to do is to oink at people who sneeze or cough without covering their mouths. They quickly get the hint. :)

    ReplyDelete