Monday, November 2, 2009

Walmart VS H-E-B.

Awww, The advantages to living in a small town! You pretty much have 2 shopping options:
  1. HEB
  2. Walmart
Which one do you go to? For me, personally, I usually end up going to Wally world. That has nothing to do with the fact that I work there, it's just that it offers more than groceries. I don't get out much, but when I do I have 1 mission: get in, get out, go home. To often I find myself trapped in the "black hole" A*K*A Walmart.

I love my friends & family deeply, but if you don't talk to me any other time just cause, then why wait until I see you in the aisle & tell me your life story? If I don't know "who dumped who", "who's pregnant", "who's dating who", "who quit there job", and so forth...I"M NOT MISSING ANYTHING!!!

My adventures to ol' Sam's store would be great if I could just avoid those pesky Oprah moments. Is there an escape? I don't think so. Even H-E-B drives me insane. Why? Because the baskets are big enough for a small family's grocery trip but not for a months "supply", if you will. Then, if you are fortunate enough to cram all your goods in 1 basket, you have to wait in 1 of the incredibly long lines at the whole 3 open registers! Wow!

Oh! And how could I forget one of the most important factors: Service. At HEB, you'll get service. A good 3 times out of 5 you'll get the high school bubble-gum airhead who can barely count the change in the register OR you'll get the lost, spaced-out moron who doesn't even know where the bathroom is. Sure, "everything is better" there.
Over at the other place-We have the disgrunted, bitter old woman who hasen't had her break & could care less about what you want OR you have the cocky, slow, guy who is obviosly only there for a paycheck & isn't much help to any customer.

Where to shop in this town is completely up to you. Remember some of these factors when you do go, and try not to dwell in either one to long. You'll either be one of those "wierd grocery regulars", or you'll be a store rat. My advice is to just get what you need to survive & go home. And as always, Thank you for shopping at your local "IDON"TCAREABOUTYOURSLOGAN" supercenter.

4 comments:

  1. I just call it Hellmart. :-). I hate HEB because the aisles are too narrow. If you go to the HEB in Midland, you have a lot more choice but it's a long drive and the baskets there are made for a giant lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Wal-Mart sucks crusty monkeybutts but at least they have an electronics section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW i like the purpleness, but it makes the comment text hidden unless you highlight it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. F*ck Walmart, unless I need something other than groceries. HEB has the evil 900 mile long lines, but it's better than buying meat and dairy products that were probably returned and sat at customer service for like 45 years. Also, the management at Walmart are 98 percent @sshole, whereas, in my experience, management does their job at HEB. We just need a new grocery store/ other stuff in it store, run by descent people who treat their customers AND staff like people, not cattle.

    ReplyDelete