Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Egypt Land"

(Before I start, know that these are just my personal opinions, and nothing more...)

I've been here on this earth for almost 22 years, and I have learned that sometimes life just stinks. I have a happy life, completed with people I can really trust...it's just work for me. I don't mind working, I wasn't raised to be lazy. I just feel that my place of work is a real drag.

I see good people get treated poorly, and the people who need to be somewhere else..praised. Where's the logic in that? Sometimes I feel like Moses and I just want to shout: "LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!!". I just know that if my boss is Pharaoh, then he's not what I expected him to look like. Would be fun to send plagues though. Anyhow, it would seem in my 3 years, we have lost quiet a few associates. Either they died, quit, or were terminated. Some people had it coming, but some people I feel fell victims to conspiracy. They did their job, and did it well...just not well enough for the so-called "new" standards.

Lately when I leave work, I almost hesitate to say: "See you tomorrow, or later"..because I may not. Sadly, they may die of a heart attack or get fired by the time I come back. It's like a curse, so don't say it. I feel like we're all a bunch of ants. We prepare forcefully, and productively to get the job done...and then it rains. Then, it doesn't matter how hard you worked...you have to do it over. You also won't get appreciated, cause it all goes to the queen anyway. You work for her. you, as an individual, don't matter. You work like the others.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's like slavery. We do get at least two breaks, even though if you miss it..that's your problem. You don't have time for another one. One of these days one of us will rise up. A leader will come forth amongst our mist, fight the ev-il that we face, and rise above. One will conquer and a new era will be born!!!....yea...like that's going to happen. I stopped believing in fairy tales. Does sound nice though huh?

At the end of the day, I still put some towards a paycheck. God still takes care of me in that I have a home, I have food to eat, and I'm still breathing. Those are things that I am truly thankful for. Those are the things that no job has ever brought me, but faith.


"They can never take my freedom! FFFREEEEE-DOOOOOMMMM"!
-Braveheart.


3 comments:

  1. Haha, Braveheart!

    "Welcome to Egyptland, home of Anubis, the price-slashing dog-god of death and customer satisfaction! We are having a special today on plagues and pestilence, buy a swarm of grasshoppers and get a staff that changes into a snake free!" LOL

    But where would be be without old Egyptland, huh? This big spring of ours would dry up. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'll see you tomorrow!

    OH NO AMBER THEY'VE GOT ME YOU'VE GOT TO GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! HURRY YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TI-

    *transmission ends*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMFAO @ Zach. I totally understand that ... scary, eh?

    ReplyDelete